GOLDEN MILK POWDER/TURMERIC LATTE MIX (100g)
Weight 100 grams
20 in stock
GOLDEN MILK POWDER/TURMERIC LATTE MIX
- Organic turmeric
- Organic pepper
- Turmeric hardly needs any introduction. Indian cooking rests heavily on the addition of turmeric. Besides being used as a spice, turmeric is also used to make Turmeric Milk / Haldi milk- a desi energy drink recommended by our grannies as a remedy for almost all possible ailments!
- What makes turmeric so special and beneficial to human health is the presence of a chemical compound known as Curcumin. But how does adding turmeric to milk help? It is because curcumin can get absorbed in the fat and tissues of our body and that is how it benefits the body. Milk becomes a smooth medium through which curcumin travels better and speedier to those fats and tissues facilitating its better absorption.
BENEFITS OF GOLDEN MILK: A Pinch of Health
- So why exactly should you add Turmeric milk to your regular diet? Let me suggest five top reasons to add a pinch of this golden spice in your daily glass of milk!!
- Having milk at night is anyway beneficial for health and it induces good sleep. When teamed with turmeric, it also acts as an anti-aging tonic.
- Turmeric milk fastens the recovery from an injury. Most people drink this after a physical trauma, sickness, or surgery to speed up the healing.
- Turmeric has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties, anti-microbial, anti-allergic properties.
- Having turmeric milk is also beneficial in treating joint and bone issues including arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It also helps with fighting skin infections, disorders, allergies, and gives glowing skin.
Why should you add black pepper to turmeric milk?
- Most people believe that having turmeric milk has no efficacy if it isn’t teamed with a pinch of black pepper. Let me explain to you Why?
- Long pepper or black pepper both have a compound called piperine which heightens or enhances the viability and power of curcumin present in turmeric.
- It further helps the absorption of curcumin in the body.
- Having turmeric milk along with black pepper is like getting a double treat – in a good way!
- Piperine facilitates the absorption of antibiotics by the body and also induces anti-inflammatory action, hence it is best to add a pinch in your glass of turmeric milk.
A Word of Caution
- A cup per day will help a lot but don’t go Overboard with this healthy drink for the following reasons,
- An overdose can cause heartburn, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, liver troubles, internal bleeding, hyperactive gallbladder contractions, low blood pressure, alopecia, and disturbances in menstruation.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking too much turmeric as it can cause uterine wall contractions.
- Turmeric may interfere with certain medications, so those taking anticoagulants like aspirin should totally avoid it.
GOLDEN MILK RECIPE – INGREDIENTS
- Milk – 100ml
- Organic Turmeric Powder – A Pinch
- Crushed Black Pepper – A Small Pinch
- Palm Sugar / Honey – As required
GOLDEN MILK RECIPE – METHOD
- Take a pan and start boiling the milk
- When the milk is about to boil add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Crush 3 peppercorns in a mortar pestle and add a pinch of it to the milk.
- Boil for 2 minutes in low flame and switch off.
- Add any natural sweetener of your choice and your warm cup of healthy and tasty Golden Milk is ready!!
Sip on & Reap the miraculous benefits out of it!